Welcome to KAEC
- Safety is a prime concern at K.A.E.C. The school safety plan is updated annually and addresses every day safety as well as emergency situations.
- We ask parents and visitors to support our efforts to provide a safe environment by reinforcing school rules with their children and model this behavior while at K.A.E.C.
- All parents, guests, and visitors to school will be required to show their picture ID to the camera at the front door before entering the building.
Dismissal & Check Out
- Students are dismissed at 3:30 p.m.
- All students must be signed out in the office before leaving the school prior to dismissal time. You must have a valid ID in order to pick-up a student.
- Students will not be checked out between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. This allows the office to smoothly prepare for and conduct dismissal for the entire school once busses start loading at 3:25.
- An early check out (before 3:30 p.m.) counts as a tardy and will remain unexcused without a medical note or other permitted note.
- Students not picked up by 3:45 p.m. will be brought into the office. Parents are required to come in and sign out these students. If late pickups are habitual, the principal or social worker will contact the parent to seek a solution to the problem.
- Our office closes at 4:00 p.m. daily
Emergency Card & Alternate Transportation
- Students are released only to people who are listed on the student's emergency card.
- The school will call parents to verify if someone who is not listed on the card arrives to take a student. Students will NOT be released to anyone who is not on the emergency card. No exceptions.
- Please ensure that all responsible adults are listed on the emergency card to avoid any confusion and delays in picking up your student.
- If you change the way your student is going home, you must send a note to the teacher. The school will not allow a child to go home a different way without your written consent.