Kindergarten Student Registration for 2018
New Student Registration
Parents may stop by the school daily between 7am - 4pm to pick up an enrollment packet.
To be eligible for kindergarten, students must turn 5 on or before Aug. 15, 2018. To register an incoming kindergartener or a new student in another grade, you will need to bring the following items:
- Proof of Birth – Proof of birth may take many forms. Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Birth Certificate – issued by any government
- Passport issued by any nation (translated)
- Immigration documentation
- Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court
Note: The form that proof of birth takes is an area of parental discretion, and schools will accept appropriate documentation as offered. No one form of documentation is required or preferred over another.
- Immunization Records - these must be on a Tennessee Form (contact Knox County Health Department if records are from another state)
- Recent Physical Examination
Note: If your child has not had their shots yet, you can still register. you will just need to provide proof of the shots before the first day of school.
- Proof of Residence - the Knox County Schools requires one of the following: a) Utility Bill, b) Lease agreement, c) in cases where the utilities and/or lease agreement is in the name of a person other than the parent/guardian, the person listed must provide the utility bill and/or lease agreement and also must provide a notarized letter stating that the parent/guardian and children are living at that address.
- Proof of Custody (if applicable)
- Social Security Card