What to Bring to Register a New Student

What to Bring to Register a New Student


We get so excited to welcome new Hound Dogs to our wonderful school! If you are registering your child in Knox County Schools, these are the items that you will need to bring with you to get them signed up:

  • Proof of Birth – Proof of birth may take many forms. Examples include but are not limited to the following:
    • Birth Certificate – issued by any government
    • Passport issued by any nation (translated)
    • Immigration documentation
    • Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court

 The form that proof of birth takes is an area of parental discretion, and schools will accept appropriate documentation as offered.  No one form of documentation is required or preferred over another.



  • Immunization Records - these must be on a Tennessee Form (contact Knox County Health Department if records are from another state)


  • Recent Physical Examination


  • Proof of Residence - the Knox County Schools requires one of the following: a) Utility Bill, b) Lease agreement, c) in cases where the utilities and/or lease agreement is in the name of a person other than the parent/guardian, the person listed must provide the utility bill and/or lease agreement and also must provide a notarized letter stating that the parent/guardian and children are living at that address.  


  • Proof of Custody (if applicable)


  • Name and Address of the child's previous school

Thank you and we look forward to meeting all of our newest Hound Dogs!