Return to HeadlinesGraduating seniors who are pursuing post-secondary education or training earned KCC PTA scholarships:
In addition, KCC PTA announced winners of arts, literature and multimedia contests:
Students Earn PTA Scholarships, Excel in PTA Contests
The academic and artistic accomplishments of close to 125 students in the Knox County Schools were celebrated this month as the Knox County Council Parent Teacher Association (KCC PTA) awarded scholarships and awards in arts, literature and multimedia contests.
- Alice B. Deeds Scholarship: Yeni Martinez, Central High School; Carrie Rule, South-Doyle High School; Benjamin Rutter, Farragut High School; and Sara Zetterberg, Farragut High School
- Dr. Paul Kelley Memorial Scholarship: Michael Hine, Central High School
- Bill Williams Scholarship: Daisey Smith, Powell High School
- Diane Jablonski Scholarship: Amy Burk, South-Doyle High School
More information about the scholarships is in the attached document.
- Reflections: A National PTA Student Enrichment Program contest with categories including dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts
- Citizenship: A Tennessee PTA competition that encourages good citizenship and patriotism as demonstrated through students’ original essays
- Safety: A Tennessee PTA competition that invites students to express awareness of safety issues through poster or multimedia creativity
Winners of these contests and more information are in the attached document. Top winners in each category will compete with students across the state, and state-level winners in the Reflections contest compete nationally.
For more information about the Knox County Council PTA and the awards, contact KCC PTA President Kathy Patty.