Return to Headlines

Summer transfer window: May 1- July 1, 2014

The 2014-2015 summer transfer window opened May 1, 2014. Applications for general transfers and magnet transfers will be accepted for students meeting at least one of the necessary criteria for the 2014-2015 school year:
  • Students new to the Knox County Schools, including kindergarten students
  • Students who have had a change in family circumstances such as custody or guardianship since February 19, 2014
  • Students with a change of address since February 19, 2014
  • Students seeking a transfer to a magnet program where space is available
Both General and Magnet transfer applications for students meeting at least one of the following criteria will be accepted for the 2014-2015 school year.
  • A student who is a new enrollee with KCS (includes Kindergarten students)
  • A student with a guardian change since 2/19/14
  • A student with an address or situational change since 2/19/14
  • A student requesting a Magnet School where there is space available

The window for both General and Magnet Transfer will close at 4pm on July 1, 2014.

Those wishing to apply for student transfer may do so during the Transfer Window in the following ways:
  1. By applying online here 
  2. By downloading and printing a pdf transfer application by clicking here which you can then submit to the Enrollment Department after completion
  3. In person by completing and submitting a transfer request form at the Enrollment Department in the Andrew Johnson Building at 912 S Gay Street.
STUDENT TRANSFER: An approved student transfer is needed to attend any school other than the school for which the student is zoned. School zones can be found at

ENROLLMENT: Students new to Knox County Schools may seek "ENROLLMENT" at their zoned school. School zones can be found at

NOTE: Students moving into Knox County during summer months do not need to "transfer" to attend their ZONED Knox County School. Student enrollment (in most cases) is completed at the individual schools.

If you have any questions regarding transfers or enrollment please contact the Enrollment Office at 594-1502.