- Karns High School (hs)
Karns Homecoming September 18th-24th 2021
Details and Events
Homecoming Hoedown (Homecoming dance tickets will go on sale this Wednesday-Friday. See Ms. Buttry or Mrs. Stair in the back commons during lunch.)
This is the Kick-off event for Homecoming week. The dance will be held on Saturday, September 18th in the Commons from 7p - 9p. Admission is $5.00 for a single ticket and $8.00 for couples IN ADVANCE. At the door, the admission is $6.00 for a single ticket and $10.00 for couples. Points will be awarded for the most advanced ticket sales and a percentage of grade-level attendance. Click Here for more details.
Dress Up Days
· Monday - Country vs Country Club
· Tuesday - Mathletes vs Athletes
· Wednesday - Pajama Day - (MustBe In Dress Code)
· Thursday - Holiday Days - Dress as your favorite Holiday
· Friday - Karns Day
o Seniors - Togas
o Juniors - Blue
o Sophomores - White
o Freshmen - Yellow/Gold
o Staff - Karns Spirit Wear
· Students Must Be Dress Code Compliant. If a student does not follow the dress code, he or she should be sent to the office under normal guidelines. Face paint, hats, and masks are prohibited.
· Theme: Exterminate the Hornets
o Seniors: Hammer the Hornets
o Juniors: Smash the Hornets
o Sophomores: Swat the Hornets
o Freshmen: Burn the Hornets
· Decorations are confined to your area.
o Seniors - History hallway from Junior locker bay to Senior locker bay.
o Juniors - English hallway from Junior locker bay to Senior locker bay.
o Sophomores - Upstairs back hallway from Freshmen girls locker bay to Freshmen boys locker bay.
o Freshmen - Upstairs front hallway from Freshmen girls locker bay to Freshmen boys locker bay.
o Staff - Door decoration - You are responsible for decorating your own door. Door decor must be related to the Homecoming theme.
· Decorating will take place from 12p - 6p on Sunday, September 19th.
· Judging will take place at 8a on Monday, September 20th.
· Students caught tearing down decorations will disqualify their class in the hall decorating competition. Please let your fellow students know.
· Run-Thru’s must be at the football field by 6:00p on Friday, September 24th.
· Each class is responsible for having people to hold their run-thru’s.
· You MUST use the paper provided to you for it to be eligible. Remember that football players need to be able to break through it.
Dam Change Wars
Each class will have a jar to put money in. Money raised will go toward Student Incentives. The class that raises the most money will be awarded points.
Advanced Ticket Sales
The class that purchases the most tickets in advance for the Homecoming Hoedown and Football game will be awarded points. Advanced ticket pricing for the football game is $5.00.
Beaver Creek Olympics
Classes will compete in multiple events throughout the week including each lunch. The final events will be on Friday, September 24th during the Pep Rally.
Tik Tok Challenge
· Maximum time limit is 2 minutes.
· Must be a dance.
· Dance and music MUST be approved by Ms. Buttry or Coach Stair...nothing vulgar or obscene.
· NO CONFETTI OR OBJECTS ARE TO BE THROWN! YOUR CLASS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!
· Most spirited class places first in this event. Everyone is ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND!
· The names of participants in the Tik Tok Challenge and Beaver Creek Olympics are due on Sunday, September 19th at 12p. Students may only participate in one event. Names will be submitted to Mrs. Glover.
Alumni Night Potluck and Alumni banner event - Tuesday, Sept 21st in the commons - all alumni will receive free admission to the Girls Volleyball game - alumni will hang their banners this evening as well at the football field - This is a chance for alumni to tour the hallways to see the decorations.
· All decorations and run-thru’s must pertain to the homecoming theme of each class and have appropriate content. Class themes must be submitted to Ms. Buttry no later than Wednesday, September 1st by 2p.
· All classes are responsible for their own materials, manpower, participants, and clean-up.
· Clean-up of all the hall decorations and displays must be completely finished by 5p on Friday, September 24th.
· Homecoming winner and runners-up will be announced between 1st and 2nd quarters of the football game Friday night.
· Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines and rules will result in disqualification.
· If something is spray-painted it MUST be done outside and away from school property, including sidewalks.
· No tape of any kind on the walls. (Hint: use cheap tablecloths/sheets as a background and hang them from the ceiling tiles with binder clips.)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH - HALLWAY DECORATING FROM 12P - 6P
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH - JUDGING OF HALLWAYS @ 8A
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH - JUDGING OF RUN-THRU’S, PEP RALLY, BEAVER CREEK OLYMPICS, TIK TOK CHALLENGE, AND HOMECOMING GAME
THE CULTURE COMMITTEE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THESE SPONSORS OF HOMECOMING
FRESHMEN: CASSANDRA DEAN AND THOMAS ABBOTT
SOPHOMORES: MICHELLE CURL AND CAITLYN KINGSBURY
JUNIORS: LYDIA BEST AND ANNE HUDNALL
SENIORS: MICHELLE RANVEK AND KEVIN GENTRY