- A.L. Lotts Elementary (es)
Non-request Form for 2020-2021
A.L. Lotts Elementary School
“Non-request” Form & Guidelines for Kindergarten through Fifth Grades
We are already planning for the school year 2020-2021! Your child(ren) will soon be going to another grade level. We will spend many hours appropriately balancing our classrooms with numbers of students, numbers of boys and girls, and ability levels. All classes will include a range of ability levels. Placement decisions are the responsibility of the principal.
We do not accept any parent request(s) for any particular teacher; we are willing to consider any parent’s request for a child not to be assigned to a particular teacher. In order for any “non-request” to receive consideration, it must conform to the following requirements:
- Send written requests only, in a sealed envelope with the grade level for next year on the front which MUST BE ON THE FORM BELOW (NO LETTERS). Due to the fact that we have over 975 students, the principal cannot conduct conferences for the purpose of discussing a child’s 2020-2021 placement.
- Parents may print a non-request form and return it to the front office during the month of June during Summer office hours. The front office will be open each Wednesday beginning in June from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Office schedule will be posted on the school website. Parents may obtain a form in person as well. Forms will not be accepted prior to June 3rd or after June 24th.
- Your “non-request” form must be returned to the main office, AND you must sign a roster as well, by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24th. Forms slid under the door will not be accepted.
- Non-requests delivered by students will not be accepted.
- Your “non-request” should be returned in a sealed envelope please.
- Limit your “non-request” to ONE teacher…no exceptions!
- If you wish to request that your child not be placed in the same classroom with another student, you may follow these same guidelines, including limiting the request to only ONE student.
Students’ 2020-2021 class assignments will be posted in KCS Family Portal late one afternoon a few days before school begins this fall. This information will not be available prior to that time.
While we cannot guarantee that any “non-requests” will be honored, we will make a reasonable effort to do so. Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines.