- Carter High School (hs)
1. Students planning on attending UT Memphis, Martin, Chattanooga or Knoxville UT Promise deadline is Dec.15 visit firstname.lastname@example.org for qualifying information.
2, FAFSA Help night at Carter High School
When: Thursday, December 10th from 4:00-6:00
Where: CHS Library & Cafeteria
Details: Space is limited & bring your own device. Attachment includes documents needed to successfully file 2021-2022 FAFSA.
*Please use form to register. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerf7PMIdt9muVZsOs4w6OyuOE3Jihail-8296WGoZNjY6sWg/viewform?usp=sf_link
FAFSA Deadline February 1, 2021
3. Transcript: To send your transcript to visit link or CHS website. https://www.knoxschools.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=74&ModuleInstanceID=5103&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=94338&PageID=141
4. Cap/gown, tassel & other optional senior supplies. Please visit https://balfourcampusproducts.com/product/required-basic-package/ to order or stop by CHS main office to pick up ordering packet. If you have any specific concerns or questions, please reach out to your counselor.
5.ACT voucher. Seniors are eligible for a free ACT voucher if did not use one over the summer. This applies to February testing date, but deadline to register is November 20, 2020. Must stop by counseling office to pick up voucher to register.
6. East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships available. http://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/scholarships-grants/scholarships
7. Visit Carter High School Counseling webpage for new scholarships & other helpful information. https://www.knoxschools.org/domain/9616
Senior Prom 2021
Saturday, April 10th, 2020
Holston Hills Country Club
Tickets: $15 each
Ticket Sales: March 1st-March 26th
Purchase tickets online only using the CHS Student Fee Payment system or by clicking here.
Please complete the survey on the 12th Grade Canvas Support Course if you haven’t already. This is how your name is added to the purchasing system.
If you are planning on attending with another Carter High student, you will be able to purchase up to two tickets. You must email the name of your guest to email@example.com immediately after purchase.
If you are planning on attending with a guest (non-Carter student), complete and return the guest form by March 5th. The guest form can be found on the 12th Grade Canvas Support Course or in the main office. Be sure to read the guidelines carefully. Once the form is approved (allow a couple of days), you will be able to purchase two tickets.
All seniors, be sure to check with the main office if you have outstanding fines or missing textbooks. These items must be taken care of before purchasing tickets or attending Prom.
Any student or guest will be required to submit a signed COVID-19 Waiver. This form will be distributed to in-person students on Wednesday, March 24th during Homeroom. Forms will also be in the main office for virtual students and early graduates. These forms can be turned into the main office between Wednesday, April 7th – Friday, April 9th. Please do not turn the forms in early.
Please let us know if you can help in any way!
- Grad walks, Senior Awards, Senior Luncheon
On May 7th, 2021, Carter High School Seniors will be participating in senior day. At 8:00 (Carter Elementary, Chilhowee Intermediate, and Sunnyview Elementary) or 7:45 am (East Knox Elementary), any senior wanting to participate in the Grad Walk, will be walking the hallways of their elementary school in their cap and gown. We will meet there (7:45 East Knox and 7:55 for Carter Elementary, Sunnyview, Chilhowee) and then proceed to Carter High School immediately following the walk. Students will be back to school by 8:30 to prepare for senior awards. Senior Awards will take place at Carter High School’s gymnasium beginning at 9:30. Parents are welcome at Senior Awards. Following Senior Awards, Seniors may participate in the Senior Luncheon which will be held at Calhouns on the River (400 Neyland Dr.). The cost for the lunch is $25 cash (preferably exact change) and must be paid by April 30th. This will include lunch, a guest speaker, and pictures after. The lunch will conclude at 3:30 at Calhouns. Transportation will not be provided by the school for these two events. If your senior would like to participate in any or all of these events, please send cash and permission slip to Mrs. Flatford or Mrs. Pollard at Carter High School NO LATER THAN APRIL 30TH. REMINDER, CAP AND GOWN MUST BE WORN FOR GRAD WALK AND SENIOR AWARDS but not the luncheon. Grad attire should be arriving by the end of April.
- Grad Practice
Graduation Practice is mandatory! It will be at the Carter High School football field beginning at 3:00 pm on Sunday, June 6, 2021. Seniors do not have to wear their caps and gowns to grad practice. Please wear sensible but nice shoes to grad practice and graduation as walking on the turf is not easy in high heels. Seniors will be given their tickets for graduation at practice…DO NOT LOSE THEM! Each senior is being given 6 tickets and children under the age of 5 do not need a ticket to enter.
Seniors may decorate their caps for graduation but they must bring them decorated, if they choose to do so, to grad practice for administrative approval. If you choose to decorate the top of your cap, all decorations must be flush to the cap….in other words, nothing can be dangling off it or towering upward.
Graduation will take place on Monday, June 7, 2021 at 9:00 am on the football field. The gates will open to parents at 8:15. Seniors must be here at 8:00. Ladies should wear dresses or skirts under their gowns. Gentlemen, should wear dress shirts, tie, dress pants, dress shoes. High heels are discouraged since walking on the turf in them is dangerous.
12. Yearbooks---Yearbooks will be distributed on Monday, May 10 beginning at 2:45 in HIVE for those that pre-ordered. Virtual students may pick their yearbooks up beginning at 8:00 am on Tuesday, May 11th in the front office.