- Karns Middle School (ms)
Chromebook Deployment Information and Forms
KMS Device Deployment Information
Digital Form(s) to complete prior to arriving
- Chromebook registration form: https://kcs.incidentiq.com/policy/d6c01d50-61a7-40fe-9e96-1ccb55973349/lookup
- Optional but encouraged Insurance form: https://kcs.incidentiq.com/policy/35938b6c-23ba-498a-b47f-4369b7d0c7a0/lookup
Please note that these forms require a student number (which begins with an "S"). If you do not know your student’s number, login to the Aspen portal or call the school. Staff will be present on site on deployment dates to assist, also.
- August 10 - Virtual Learners in all grades
- 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM or 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- August 19 – 7th and 8th Grade In-Person Students
- 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Any virtual student unable to pick up device on August 10 may also attend
- August 20 – 6th Grade In-Person Orientation and Deployment
- In-person students will receive devices during their orientation and parents do not need to attend. However, a device registration form MUST be completed for a student to receive a device. See the link above.
- Families with students in multiple grades can pick up on one date, your choice.
- In-person 7th and 8th grade students not able to make it to the August 19 deployment date, and in-person 6th grade students unable to be present August 20, will receive their device the first week students arrive on campus.
- Virtual students that are not able to pick up device on August 10th can attend deployment on August 19th.
Location of Deployment: Cafeteria and Library
- Enter through the main doors in the front, near the flag pole
- Masks are required
- Please bring a pen
- What to expect when you arrive:
- A temperature check
- Completion of Beginning of the Year forms
- Digital agreement verification (if not already completed)
- Device pick up
- Device sign in with student ID number and password (same password used on Canvas, Aspen, school Google Drive, etc…)
- All virtual students will receive a preset password
Please call the school if you have questions (539-7732) and we look forward to seeing you over the next couple of weeks!