Click Here to Read Mrs. Lutton's "Hurricane Happenings" Newsletter for 8/18/19
Hurricane Happenings Newsletter, 8/18/19
Good afternoon, Holston Families! We had another excellent week, and with most students outfitted with devices, we will start using our online tools (Canvas, Aspen, etc.) this week. Please remind your children to use their devices responsibly. We will learn more about digital citizenship and internet responsibility in the coming months.
- As you send the beginning of year forms back, please include the proof of residence. This can be a utility bill, deed, lease agreement, etc.
- While students are adhering to the dress code quite well, this is a reminder that leggings may be worn, but a shirt must cover the leggings to students’ mid-thighs.
- For those who could not attend Device Deployment: The Aspen Information and Device Agreement sheets went home with your children on Friday. Please ensure that all information is correct on the Aspen sheet and review and sign the Device Agreement sheet. No device will be issued to a student without the Device Agreement sheet signed by a parent or guardian.
- Well Key Urgent Care is providing free physicals to student athletes for the 2019-2020 school year. If you need to obtain your physical, please refer to the flyer. Well Key Physicals
- Please feel free to pay the requested school fees ($35) online on our website: https://www.knoxschools.org/holstonms. It is labeled “Online School Payments.”
- If you are interested in after-school programming and care for your child, the Regal Boys and Girls Club Teen Center provides tutoring, fitness areas, technology labs, and more. There is no tuition for this program, and busing is provided from Holston to the Teen Center. Regal Teen Center Flyer
- The Holston Cheerleaders are hosting a Back-to-School Dance on Aug. 30th from 3:30-5:00 in our gym. Admission will be $3, and concessions will be sold. If your child chooses to attend, please ensure that he/she can be picked up promptly at 5:00.
- The PTSA is holding a Membership Drive from Aug. 19-30. The three Homerooms (one per grade level) with the highest numbers of PTSA memberships will have breakfast provided by the PTSA.
- Picture Day will be on Tuesday, September 3rd. More information will be coming home in the coming weeks.
Have a wonderful evening, and we’ll see the students bright and early tomorrow morning!
Katie Lutton, Principal