- Bearden Middle School (ms)
BMS News and Announcements
2023-2024 Frequently Used Links and Information:
(Links will be added as information is received.)
- School Supply Lists
- Office Hours, Fax Number, Phone Number
- Academic Release form for rising 6th, 7th, and 8th graders for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Enrollment Information
- (Enrollment paperwork must be received in-person. Parents/Legal Guardians must come to BMS if they are enrolling their child. Click the above 'Enrollment Information' link for additional important information.)
(Early Check-Outs, Late Arrivals, BMS General Attendance Information, and KCS Attendance Policies)
- Food Service Information (Knox County Schools):
- About School Nutrition (including meal prices and general information)
- Prepay for Meals Online at K12paymentcenter.com
- To apply for free and reduced-price meals for the 2022-23 school year, please visit www.lunchapplication.com
- International Baccalaureate MYP
- ParentSquare (a new communications platform that replaced SchoolMessenger)
- School Times (including Half Days and Early Release Days)
- School Tours
- School Cash OnLine (Making Payments to BMS)
- School Zone Search
- Student Handbook
- Technology Information:
- Transportation Information:
- Bearden Middle School:
- Knox County Schools:
- Bus Stop Locator
- Daily Bus Report (Refresh periodically for updates)
2022-2023 Morning Drop-Off:
Busses and car riders will drop-off at the Middlebrook Pike entrance. Special Education Busses and Special Education Shuttles will drop-off on the Francis Road side of the building and enter with staff through locked entrances. If you choose to drop your child off from a parking space at the Middlebrook Pike parking lot instead of using the drop-off line, then please tell your child to use the cross walk when walking to the building.
2022-2023 Mornings at BMS:
Students can enter the building beginning at 7:15am from the Middlebrook side. Please do not drop students off at the Francis Rd entrance. The doors will be locked.
7:15-7:30am - Students sit in the cafeteria
7:30-8:25am - Cafeteria is open for breakfast. Students wanting breakfast must get it as soon as they enter the building.
7:30-8:00am - 6th Grade reports to the Auditorium.
7th and 8th Grades report to the Gym.
8:00am - Students are dismissed to their 1st period.
8:25am - Any student arriving after 8:25 must be accompanied by a parent into the main office (at the Francis Road side of the building) to be signed in.
2022-2023 Afternoon Pick-Up:
Busses will pick up on the Francis Road side of the building. Bus Riders and Walkers will be released at 3:25pm. Car Riders will be released at 3:30. Students can be picked up in the Middlebrook Pike parking lot or alongside the building. The traffic flow pattern may be viewed here. *Please note: Turning left onto Middlebrook from the parking lot is not allowed. If you want to turn left onto Middlebrook, exit to Francis Road and turn left at the Francis Road, Middlebrook Pike intersection.
2022-2023 If you need assistance:
8th Grade; Principal - email@example.com,
8th Grade; Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade; Principal - email@example.com,
7th Grade; Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Grade; Principal - email@example.com,
6th Grade; Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Free STEM Summer Camp for Rising 5-8th graders at UTK Tickle College of Engineering!