KCS/KCHD Guidelines Regarding a Positive COVID-19 Case
● If the district is made aware that a student or staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, district officials will immediately notify local health officials.
● The KCS Health Services Department will work with KCHD to initiate contact tracing protocols to determine how widespread the potential exposure is and notify families and staff members impacted.
● If the student or staff member is on a school campus, he or she will be isolated until they can be transported off-campus.
● If there is an incident on campus that might pose a threat of exposure to COVID-19, families and staff will be notified while maintaining confidentiality.
● A decision will be made in consultation with the KCHD regarding a school(s) closure to allow for additional measures to clean and sanitize the facility, based on the information provided by the reporting party.
● Depending on the nature of the exposure, a recommendation could be limited to specific classrooms or groups.
● If a school(s) is closed, families and staff will be notified through the KCS phone/email notification system.
● If a school(s) is closed, students and staff will immediately move to online instruction via Canvas and Microsoft Teams.
● Any student who must be quarantined due to COVID-19 at the direction of the Health Department, or a physician, will be given the opportunity to move to the virtual learning program and return to school upon meeting the required criteria.
● Any employee who must be quarantined due to COVID-19 at the direction of the Health Department, or a physician, may use 10 days of emergency sick leave pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).