Karns High School Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Karns High School counseling department is to provide a comprehensive counseling program addressing the academic, career, and social/emotional development of all students with respect to each student’s cultural and individual differences. With the collaborative effort of parents, teachers, administrators, and community resources, the school counseling program will provide opportunities to maximize our students’ full potential.
Karns High School Counseling Vision Statement
The vision of the Karns High School counseling Program is for all students to graduate empowered with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve academic, personal/social, and career success, and to reach their fullest potential as respectful, responsible citizens.
Karns High School Counseling Beliefs
- We believe all students have the ability to achieve given opportunities and support.
- We believe by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program, all students will receive developmentally appropriate curriculum in the academic, personal/social, and career domains.
- We believe school counselors are advocates, leaders, collaborators, and encouragers, who promote every student’s success.
- The comprehensive school counseling program is continuously planned, managed, delivered, and evaluated by licensed school counselors with stakeholder support.
- We believe school counselors use data to evaluate, analyze, and guide the goals of the comprehensive school counseling program.
- We believe the ASCA ethical standards empower school counselors to make to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.