Welcome to the Powell High School College & Career Ready Office, located in the Library (third office on the right). We will strive to do our best in assisting students with financial aid, scholarship and college information as it becomes available. Bulletins will highlight some of the most current scholarship offers and deadlines for important dates. These will be handed out during your student's advisory period, or they may pick up a copy in the guidance office at their convenience. We offer college literature, college fairs, informational seminars and advisory sessions to both students and parents.Announcements*FAFSA- Please see Mrs. Taylor if you haven't submitted your FAFSA. You can still submit a FAFSA and be eligible to attend college.
Welcome Seniors "Class of 2018"
- Seniors make sure you check your most current Senior News for the latest updates for scholarships or check your Remind messages. There is always important information and scholarship updates. All of this information is on the website, but if your student would like to view the Senior News electronically, please have them scan QR code throughout Powell High School or click the Senior News Link here Senior News If your student wishes to have a paper copy, they may pick one up in Mrs. Taylor's office.
- If you are a current senior (or any student) for the 2017-2018 school year then you can go ahead and sign up for your remind 101. This phone, or email, link will provide useful information through out the summer as well as the upcoming school year. To receive messages via text, text @hk42hd to 81010. You can opt out at anytime by replying "unsubscribe" @hk42hd. If you would like to receive messages via email, send an email to email@example.com. To unsubscribe, reply with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
- All seniors will apply for the TN Promise in school during College App Week. We will call by alphabetical order to complete the TN Promise. If your student doesn't attend when called, please have them complete this by the deadline of Nov. 1, 2017. Attached are directions on how to complete the TN Promise application How to apply for TN Promise
- FAFSA Night on Thursday, December 7th at 5:30 pm in the Library. Sarah Davis from Pellissipi State Community College will be here to help any family needing assistance completing the FAFSA. We will serve you pizza for dinner. Attached is what you need to bring with you FAFSA Checklist FASFA deadline for anyone using TN Promise is January 16th, 2018.
- TN FAFSA FRENZY will be Thursday, October 26th from 9am-12pm in the Library. TnAchieves will be on site to help any student/parent needing help to still complete your FAFSA. This is open to all students and families. FAFSA Checklist FASFA No appoitment is necessary. Please contact Mrs. Taylor with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL STUDENTS please register for http://www.raiseme it is a new website where you can register and add different activities that help you earn money for college.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email Mrs. Taylor at email@example.com or call 865-938-2171 ext. 74615.
Rising Seniors "Class of 2019"
- Juniors- Please make sure you are registered to take the ACT. We will be giving a free ACT test during school on March 20th, 2018. If you need ACT study guides or more ACT future test dates, please see Mrs. Taylor.
- Make sure you are checking out colleges you may be interested in and visiting these schools. It will be here before you know it!
- If you need a letter of recommendation we have cover sheets available in Mrs. Taylor's office. Some teachers, or administration, require these before writing a letter. Please allow up to two weeks for completion and mailing once you have submitted the request. Also, if you are needing an official copy of your transcript for college applications or scholarships, please fill out the transcript request form in Guidance with Mrs. Speegle or Mrs. Taylor's office and allow 24 hours.
- Remember if you are planning on playing sports at the varsity level in college you must register with the NCAA or NAIA, depending on which college you attend. A FINAL transcript has to be sent to them upon graduation to make any eligibility, or scholarship awarded, complete. You may register at http://www.eligibilitycenter.org for NCAA and http://www.playnaia.org for NAIA.
Junior Night will be held on May 7, 2018 at 6:00pm in the Auditorium. You will receive information pertaining to your upcoming senior year and receive your summer senior packet. Attached is a copy of last years senior packet. Senior Summer Packet
TranscriptsThere is a $5.00 charge for transcripts, cash or check made out to Powell High School. Students that graduated this year (2018) will not be charged for transcripts until August. Student must be present to request transcripts and if the student is 18 or older they must show a photo ID. Relatives are not allowed to pick up transcripts for students. Please see the Guidance Office to fill out transcript request form.Scholarships/College Camps/Summer Programs/Open Houses/Important Dates
Current Scholarships click here Senior News
Feb. 19- Presidents Day, No School for students
Feb. 22- ASVAB Test/Sign- up in Mrs. Taylor’s office
Feb. 22- Parent Teacher Conferences 4:30-6:30pm
Mar. 1- Mini College Fair ( front lobby 11:30-2pm)
Mar. 1- Fashion Show
Mar. 27- TTU Field Trip/More info to come
May. 5- PROM at Knoxville Hilton Hotel
May. 7- Junior Night @6pm in Auditorium
Apr. 9- TN Promise Mandatory Meeting @5:30pm in Cafeteria
Powell High School Guidance Department2136 W. Emory RdPowell, TN 37849(865) 938-2171 Main OfficeSenior Guidance Counselor- Mrs. Emily Lanius ext.74613Junior Guidance Counselor- Ms. Elizabeth Patt ext.74611Sophomore Guidance Counselor- Mrs.Marlo Bales ext.74614Freshman Guidance Counselor- Mrs. Candi Buffington ext.74612College and Career Ready Counselor- Mrs. Cassidy Taylor ext.74615Guidance Secretary- Mrs. Karen Speegle ext.74610ACT Head Coach- Mr. Micaiah Smoker ext.74635Graduation Facilitator- Jim Porter ext.74656