With school out till at least April 24th, a lot of wonderful folks have stepped up to make it easier for our kids to get access to some great reading and activity resources. If you are on Facebook, check out our HVES Library page for some of these great links (including B.J. Novak reading his book "The Book With No Pictures" and Mo Willems, author/illustrator of the Pigeon books, sharing drawing lessons).
Be sure to visit this page's links to Books Online and Readalouds (menu on the left), as well as Fun and Interesting Sites. Fun and Interesting Sites has a section for arts and crafts sites that include origami, sewing, making popup books and more. As always, if you need the usernames/passwords to any of our sites, just send me a message listing your student's name and homeroom teacher and I'll get the information back to you.
Stay well friends--and keep on reading!
HVES Library Catalog & Knox County Public Library (KCPL):
- TrueFlix includes Social Studies and Science reference books. Great for research!
- A username and password are required for home use.
Mackin and Follett eBooks can be opened with your Chrome Book username and password (teachers use your Active Directory login). To see all of our eBook titles in one location, go through our Library catalog.
- For more books online, including Storyline Online and TumbleBooks, check out the Online Readalouds link on the left.
- Online encyclpedias for all age levels with searchable, trustworthy information. Articles provide citations. Count as an Encyclopedia and/or Online Source.
- World Book online at home requires a username and password. These are available from our Library. If prompted for username/password at school, use the same info as for home use.
Databases & Other Reference Sites:
- Passwords, where required, are available from our Library.
Degrees and Certifications: