Freshman Academy provides intensive support as students transition from middle to high school. Research shows, if students have a successful freshman year, they are more likely to graduate from high school.
The Freshman Academy staff is a team of educators who work collaboratively. We teach rigorous curriculum and build strong teacher/ student relationships. The Freshman Academy is known for
- Student-Centered Collaboration
- Common Instructional Practices
- Common Language
- Common Expectations
- Professional Learning Communities
- Student Goal Setting
- Progress Monitoring
We teach students:
- To think critically
- To communicate through speech and writing
- To learn how to learn
- To have an academic mindset
- To master time-management and organizational strategies
- To demonstrate resilience and persistence in response to challenges and academic setbacks.