The mission of the Lonsdale and Sam E. Hill School Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive school counseling program centered around a meaningful curriculum that encourages lifelong learning in social, emotional, career, college, and academic domains. With the help of teachers, administrators, parents, and the Community School Program, the school counselor will help students to reach their potential.
Lonsdale students demonstrate a growth-mindset, give back to their community, and show respect and kindness in all they do. All students participate in a school counseling curriculum with academic and artistic opportunities for self-directed personal growth with the help of partnerships between the school, family, and community. As responsible, respectful citizens, and community leaders, each student achieves excellence by making a positive difference in our schools and community.
- All students have the potential to be responsible, kind citizens and life-long learners.
- All students can have post-secondary success by meeting high standards.
- Student developmental needs are met best by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates, and collaborators who create equitable access to high quality curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.