For more information about SCOIR and college and career guidance, please go to the College & Career Center page.
Beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, Hardin Valley Academy is pleased to announce that we have implemented a new college guidance management system called Scoir (pronounced "score"). This new, modern online system will streamline the process of requesting, processing, sending and tracking the electronic delivery of all application-related documents.
More importantly, it's much more helpful for students and parents during the college search and selection process. On Scoir, colleges come to life through pictures, videos and links that highlight active student clubs and organizations. This better enables students to identify colleges that are a good fit with their personal and academic interests, which increases college retention.
Scoir also provides parents with useful financial calculators so you can determine the likely cost of attendance at different colleges and consider the affordability when deciding where to apply.
These features, along with more convenient scheduling and communication tools, will help keep everyone informed and engaged throughout the college application process. Scoir exists to help more students achieve more positive outcomes, and we're excited that our students have access to this system and the opportunities it provides.
Currently, most HVA students in the class of 2021 have access to SCOIR. If your student does not have a SCOIR account, please have them reach out to Anna Graham (anna.graham@Knoxschools.org) and she will send them an invitation. The invitation expires after 48 hours.
Students in the class of 2022 will be "onboarded" to SCOIR during the first four weeks of the 2020-2021 school year. This will be accomplished through the following ways:
1) For virtual students in the class of 2022, Mrs. Graham will send invitations on August 17, 19, and 21, so check your KCS emails. The invitation to SCOIR expires after 48 hours. If you do not access the invitation after 8/21, please contact Mrs. Graham here: email@example.com
2) For in person students, Mrs. Graham will be in to Junior English 3 classes the first three weeks of school, and will send out invitations the night before.
3) For students not in English 3 in person, Mrs. Graham will contact you through your KCS email and provide support through meetings, emails, and video support.
Directions on how to access your KCS email:
- Go to mail.office365.com
- Enter your KCS email address. This is s<studentid>@student.knoxschools.org
- Enter your active directory password as your email password.