KNOX COUNTY COUNCIL PTA SCHOLARSHIPS:
Deadline: January 17, 2019
Jablonski Family Educational Needs Scholarship
The Jablonski Family Educational Needs Scholarship is a Knox County Council PTA Scholarship for students with disabilities who are entering post-secondary opportunities. This Scholarship is given in recognition of the Jablonski Family`s efforts and advocacy for individuals coping with the challenges of disabilities. The scholarship’s function is to help reduce the barriers of education advancement and completion by providing the necessary skills for youth with disabilities. The goal of the scholarship is to help enable young people the opportunity to become active participants in their communities. This one-time scholarship will range in value from $500 to $750 and will be awarded to Knox County graduating high school seniors with a documented disability who will be enrolled in a university, two-year community college, vocational/technical training program, or a specialized program for students with disabilities in the fall. These students may obtain assistance in submitting application and writing their personal essay. The ideal candidate is a student: • whose disability is characterized by significant limitations in both intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior • has received special education services through Knox County School District and will continue to need support services in post-secondary education • who demonstrates financial need Eligibility: • Essay written by either the applicant or guardian as to post-secondary plans and how this scholarship will help them reach those goals • Provide most current documentation of their specific disability • Provide a statement of financial need Submission Deadline and Awarding of Winners: • The Jablonski Family Educational Needs Scholarship application must be complete and submitted by January 17, 2019. Please allow 5 business days for submission through US mail. Any application received after January 17, 2019, or not post marked by January 17, 2019, will not be considered. Scholarship recipients will be notified by February 11, 2019. Applications should be mailed to: ▪ Knox County Council PTA Attn: Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 31882 Knoxville, TN 37930
1. Applications are only accepted from students of Knox County Schools High Schools.
2. All qualified applicants will be judged based upon the following criteria: a. Student should need Financial aid b. Student should be academically qualified for college admission c. Student should express a desire for the scholarship
3. Recipients must enroll by the first semester (or quarter) of the 2019-2020 school year. Recipients failing to meet enrollment will forfeit their scholarship. The scholarship will then be awarded to an alternate.
4. Scholarships will be given to students attending an accredited school or college of their choice. The Knox County Council PTA Treasurer will forward the recipients’ checks to the schools or colleges in time for registration. Money will not be given directly to students.
5. If a recipient cannot fulfill his/her duties then two alternates will be selected; however, the names will not be released in advance.
6. Applicants may receive other scholarships in addition to the Knox County Council PTA scholarship.
7. Applications must be returned to the Knox County Council PTA no later than January 17, 2019. Please allow at least 5 business days for mail delivery. Applications received or postmarked after the due date will not be considered.
Mail to: Knox County Council PTA Attn: Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 31882 Knoxville, TN 37930