Mrs. Suzanne Parham, Assistant Principal
I am proud to serve as an Assistant Principal at Karns Elementary School. My husband Ben and I have four children, so I have the joy of both being a parent, and educator for Knox County Schools. I love seeing the spark of creativity, and wonder of exploration in a child’s eyes as they learn, think and grow. I am thrilled to work with our amazing students at Karns, and I look forward to partnering with our families and community to help our students achieve and prepare for their future success.
· Bachelor of Science in Communications, Florida State University
· Masters of Science in Education, The University of Tennessee
· Reading Specialist PreK-12, The University of Tennessee
· Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction, Lincoln Memorial University
· Ed.S. in Educational Administration and Leadership, The University of Tennessee
2017-present: Assistant Principal, Karns Elementary School
2016-2017: Assistant Principal, Lonsdale Elementary School
2015-2016: Assistant Principal & Leadership Academy Fellow
Cohort 6, Northshore Elementary School
2014-2015: Instructional Coach, West Hills Elementary School
2011-2015: Literacy Coach, Beaumont Magnet Honors Academy
2010-2011: Reading Specialist/Interventionist, Inskip Elementary
2008-2010: RTI Coordinator, Lenoir City Schools
2005-2008: Seventh Grade Reading Teacher, Lenoir City Middle School
2004-2005: Fifth Grade Teacher, Lenoir City Elementary School
Professional Author of novels, narrative non-fiction children’s books, magazines, and newspapers.
Member of the Society of Children’s book writers and illustrators.