- Welcome back to school classroom lessons.
- Newbie small groups for all new students in 1st and 2nd grades.
- I'm Mrs. Wright and this is why I'm here.
September: Growth Mindset
- All grades learned that their brain works like a muscle in which they can train.
- Kindergarten followed the story of Mojo from Class Dojo resources to expand upon this concept.
- First graders identify barriers that inhibit growth.
- Second graders will develop goals for this year based on the growth mindset model.
October: Accepting Differences
- All grades learned that we can accpet others regardless of how different we are.
- Kindergarten followed the story of Red:A Crayon's Story to create awareness of our differences.
- First graders compared their life to the story they heard in Ruby's Wish while utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Second graders begin to identify ways to get along with others in spite of differences through Kelso's Choices.
- All grades learned about Kelso's Choices, nine strategies used to solve small problems:
- Wait and Cool Off
- Walk Away
- Go to Another Game
- Talk it Out
- (Please) Tell Them to Stop
- Make a Deal
- Share and Take Turns
December: Personal Safety
- All grades learned that we are the boss of our own body.
- We keep ourselves safe by saying No, Going away from the unsafe situation, and Telling an adult we trust.