Hi, my name is Deanna Gnage, LMSW. I am a certified School Social Worker and a Licensed Social Worker, which means that I am a credentialed mental health therapist. As a School Social Worker, I go into each classroom weekly and teach safety skills (Talking About Touching curriculum) and social skills. I also offer individual and group therapy to a small number of students. At this developmental age, it is most appropriate to conduct play therapy, which allows a child to work through his/her issues while in the process of play. When working with children in a group, I am usually teaching a specific skill (i.e. anger management, being assertive or kind). Please also use me as a resource for:
- Attendance: Did your car break down, did your work schedule change, or is your child giving you a hard time getting up in the morning? Please let me know so that we can problem solve together.
- Backpack Program: Could your child use some extra food for over the weekend?
- PTA Clothing Center: Could your child use some clothes, both new & used? I have vouchers.
- Scottish Rite: Does your child need a pair of shoes? I have vouchers for this also.
- Resources & Referrals: I have lists/brochures for agencies that provide any need you might have.
- Advocacy & home visits: If you need someone to attend an IEP meeting or advocate for your child because of a concern you have, please give me a call. I'll also be glad to meet with you at your home if it is more convenient.
I am only at Sam E. Hill Preschool on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays but I can be reached on my cell phone on the other week days. My phone number is: (865) 257-5826. I love to talk and work with parents so please seek me out any time you have a problem or need. We love your children and want to do everything within our power to make your child's first educational experience fun and meaningful!