Excellence for Every Child
Parents who choose to drop off their child in the mornings have two options: 1) Drop off your child in the Beaver Dam church back parking lot and have them use the crosswalk, or 2) Enter the morning dropoff loop on the Halls campus. DO NOT endanger your child or the safety of other children by dropping off your child in the teacher parking lot, the turnaround in front of the school, the middle of the road, or by driving around the traffic cones and sawhorses! Please follow the car line and the directions of the staff member directing traffic, and drop off your child at the portico area ONLY.Numbered parking spots are individually assigned for faculty and staff parking ONLY! Parents and visitors should use the designated visitor or unmarked parking spots.
Current traffic loop:
New traffic loop effective Monday, 8/22/16:
Updated July 2016 by the KCS Board of Education
The following expectations for student dress have been established to promote a safe and optimum learning environment.
Apparel or appearance which tends to draw attention to an individual rather than to a learning situation must be avoided. In matters of opinion, the judgment of the principal/designee shall prevail.
The following standards will be observed in all Knox County Middle and High Schools:
1. Pants must be worn at the waist. No sagging allowed.
2. Shirts, blouses, and dresses must completely cover the abdomen, back, shoulders and must have sleeves. Shirts or tops must cover the waistband of pants, shorts, or skirts with no midriff visible. Low-cut blouses, shirts, or tops or extremely tight tops, tube tops, or any top that exposes cleavage are prohibited.
3. Head apparel, except for religious or medical purposes, must not be worn inside the school building.
4. Footwear is required and must be safe and appropriate for indoor and outdoor activity.
6. Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be beyond fingertip length.
7. Sleepwear, pajamas, and/or blankets cannot be worn in school.
8. Prohibited items include (1) large, long and/or heavy chains, (2) studded or chained accessories, (3) sunglasses, except for health purposes, (4) sleepwear, and (5) skin-tight outer materials such as spandex.
The school administration reserves the right to determine whether the student's attire is within the limits of decency and modesty.
The principal may allow exceptions in special circumstances or occasions such as holidays or special performances and may further prescribe dress in certain classes such as physical education, vocational classes, and science labs.
Any student not attired in accordance with the policy shall be subject to the following consequences:
1. Correct the violation or spend the remainder of the day in in-school suspension (ISS).
2. Repeat offenders shall be subject to additional measures which include parent conferences, in-school suspension, and out-of-school suspensions as described in the county-wide discipline policy.
This policy does not preclude individual schools from implementing standardized dress policies with permission from the Director of Schools and the Board of Education after extensive consultation with parents, teachers, and students. Any deviation from the system-wide policy must be submitted in writing to the middle and high school directors for review and recommendation to the Director of Schools and the Board of Education.
Report potential violence, drugs, bullying or other sensitive issues to security and law enforcement.
Text to: 274637 (spells CRIMES)
Type in keyword: knoxschools
Type a space
Type your tip
Download the free mobile app by searching "TipSubmit Mobile"
11:50 AM - 2:00 PM Senior Make Up Pictures
4:15 PM Golf at Farragut (Fox Den CC)
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Open House
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM Football vs Austin East at Home
5:00 PM Volleyball vs Gibbs at Home
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Volleyball vs Campbell Co @Home
6:00 PM - 11:00 PM Lady's Soccer at Clinton
7:30 PM - 8:00 PM Football at West
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Golf at Gibbs/Oak Ridge (Three Ridges Course)