Knox County Schools
Family Resource Center Goals
- Build each school’s individual capacity to respond to the needs of families through Family Resource Center facilitated or school-to-family direct services.
- Assist parents with developing and building the foundational skills necessary to support children’s learning, including academic and parenting skills.
- Collaborate with all schools to assist in planning family engagement activities that will be implemented by school staff.
- Provide information and referrals, as needed, to facilitate families use of school and community resources.
- Network with social service agencies, educational institutions, and community organizations to facilitate efficient service delivery for families without duplication of effort.
- Emphasize family literacy at all KCS schools and provide literacy material through the Lending Library.
- Collaborate with Knox County Schools social workers and school counselors to serve families efficiently and effectively.